12/13/09

the edges are blurred but there are shapes to be discerned.

spin,spin,spin,stop.
,wobble,fall,stand,fall.
spin, spin, spin, stop.
can't. spin, spin, more more.
spin, spin, spin faster.
shoe stumble knee crumble.
spin,spin,spin,spin,spin,
CRASH. I've always liked the taste of cooper.
lie on my back.

still spin spin spinning

I WISH YOU'D GIVE ME A SIGN, THAT YOU MISS ME.
THAT YOU THINK OF ME LIKE I THINK OF YOU.
OFTEN. INTENSELY. SMILING.

Built a fortress
or pilllows and sheets
of paper and boxer briefs
build it on top of the hole
the one that started out small
but every careless tug and pull
have made it grow wide and deep
it's a good foundation
a hole
fall back into it
flat on your back or chest down
holding a pillow like a person
that doesn't hold back
but we have the fortress
sturdy, soft, simply.
fortitude

Today was okay. I keep having to tell myself that like I'm convincing someone. But I do, have to convince. I'm not used to it yet, feeling okay.I'm so used to grasping I hardly know what to do now that both my hands have a firm grip. The world isn't spinning so fast, the edges are blurred but there are shapes to be discerned.

No comments: